Let’s get something out in the open, I’m a HUGE Gilmore Girls fanatic. There, I said it! I may or may not have seen every single episode and own all of them on DVD because, well, reasons. Anyway, if you’ve never seen the show, shame on you! Just kidding, but really it’s amazing. Also, it’s on Netflix now so go binge watch it. Not to mention, the show is being relaunched for a final season and we’re losing our minds with excitement.
The two best parts about this show are of course, the dynamic mother-daughter duo Rory and Lorelai. They’re the most lovable and relatable pair of women to ever hit cable. Lorelai, especially was someone that any GG fan looked up to and maybe adopted as a surrogate TV mom (but not in a creepy way). She’s quirky, hilarious, coffee-addicted and an amazing mother to Rory. There are so many phenomenal Lorelai moments to choose from so we narrowed it down to a few of our favorites.
Related-ish: 9 Must-Have Items For Any ‘Gilmore Girls’ Lover
1. Whenever she gave Rory on-point dating advice.
2. When she proudly owned her relentless coffee addiction.
3. When she took Rory to her first day at Chilton (and wore Daisy Dukes).
4. That time Rory broke her arm and Lorelai slept in her room all night to watch over her.
5. That time she took Rory and her new Chilton friends to see the Bangles.
6. When her hope for true love was literally all of us.
7. That time she egged Jess’s car with Rory because he was a dick to her.
8. When she went back to school after raising Rory and got her business degree.
9. When she opened her own Inn with Sookie.
10. When she stayed with Rory on her first night at Yale to help her get settled.
11. The time she put aside her differences and bonded with her mother.
12. When Lorelai defends Rory from Lindsay’s mom.
13. That time she sang “I Will Always Love You” at karaoke and ended up directing it towards Luke.
14. When Lorelai proposed to Luke without any planning or warning.
15. The time she stayed up all night with her dog, Paul Anka, because she wanted to be a “good mom.”
16. When she gave Luke an ultimatum.
17. When Lorelai wrote a character reference for Luke to help him get custody of April, even though they were broken up.
18. When she reunited with Rory.
19. When she got up the courage to tell Christopher he wasn’t the one.
20. When she had given Rory everything she needed to go out into the world on her own.
21. When she reunited with Luke.