Fourth of July celebrations have a way of bringing out the tacky in many of us (think: country music video meets Britney Spears & JT’s denimgate with some Coors Lights and hot dogs thrown in).
There are ways, however, to celebrate America’s birthday without looking like a Dolly Parton back up singer. They involve plenty of mixing and matching and seriously holding back when it comes to rocking flag motifs and camo.
Here, in no particular order, are 21 seriously cute–and patriotic outfits and accessories for all you great Americans out there.
1. By pairing some patriotic shorts with a solid white T-shirt, you keep the USA trend in-check
2. And a simple wrap dress is always fashionable and not too costume-y
3. While some denim shorts and a splash of red definitely read “classic American”
4. Also flag-hued Ruffles on your top are just so darn pretty
5. As are rompers paired with oversized hats and structured bags
6. This high-waisted bikini literally looks awesome on every body type
7. Don’t forget that one of the easiest ways to look All-American is to throw on a red plaid shirt
8. Or some sweet gingham
9. Which also looks rad as a vintage dress in red
10. And how cute with some colorful Chucks?
11. Another go-to BBQ outfit is a soft, breezy striped dress
12. Which would look adorable with some preppy red, white and blue strappy sandals
13. And this beachy wicker purse
14. If you’re looking for separates, we are all over this flouncy cherry skirt
15. And this must-have blue and white crop top
16. Or these delightful red and white short shorts
17. Remember the Fourth of July is a time to show some skin
18. And to have a little fun
19. But it’s also OK not to take the red, white and blue thing so literally
20. Just as long as you’re feeling breezy and beautiful
21. Oh, and daisy dukes always are a good idea
Happy Fourth everyone!