April Ludgate, Parks And Recreation‘s most dour character and Pawnee’s resident Queen of Darkness, has never been one to mince words or shy away from voicing her opinion — and her opinion usually involves something to do with witchcraft or hating everyone.
As a result, April has provided us with some of the most astute (and macabre) observations about human life. Her perspective is the one we turn to after dealing with too many cheerful acquaintances, or when we must come to terms with our disdain for, well, everything. She is the person we become when we’re just too tired to be a Leslie Knope.
Here are some of April’s most quotable sayings, which have been handily transformed into wall art — perfect for hanging in your spooky dungeon/witch’s coven and reminding you to always look on the dark side of life!
Related-ish: 13 Leslie Knope Quotes For When You Need An Instagram Caption
1. When April revealed her music preferences.
2. April’s response to pretty much anything stomach-churning.
3. The April Ludgate Meaning Of Life.
4. When April managed to work Photoshop software into a burn.
5. April’s decree to pretty much everyone.
6. When April was our Patron Saint of Laziness.
7. When she admitted her feelings to Ann.
8. Her iconic wedding vows.
9. April’s modus operandi.
10. Her best career advice.
11. Her best “Miss Pawnee” speech.
12. Her meeting-time philosophy.
13. The introduction to her alter-ego, Janet Snakehole.
14. That time she tried to tell Andy “I love you.”
15. April’s only house rules.
16. Her demands for bilingual communication.
17. When April spit some truth about all humans everywhere.
Related-ish: Tom Haverford’s Most Ridiculous Business Ideas From Parks and Rec