Whether you’re going back to school or not, Autumn is a great time to spruce up your style as the weather starts to change. It’s also a great time to try subtle changes to your typical hair routine, especially if you’re too shy to try a bold haircut or color. Check out these gorgeous reasons to incorporate some simple side braids into your life:
1. Your highlights pop
This girl’s gorgeous color wave is that much more striking with her gorgeous 4-to-1 braid.
2. They accent an otherwise simple look
It takes 5 minutes to go from bland to chic.
3. It’s easy to incorporate them into other styles
Such as this girl’s micro braid rope twist with bubble ponytail combo. *heart eyes emoji*
4. Because you want to look like your favorite Game of Thrones character
I’ll take all of Margaery’s plunging neckline dresses as well, please and thank you.
5. It’s a fun and flirty way to dress up a ponytail…
6. …Or a bun
For work or for play, you choose.
7. Your faves are wearing the shit out of them
Cara Delevigne is rocking this subtle dutch side braid twist.
8. Even Kim K, international style icon, has donned them
The queen has spoken.
9. They’re dressy and casual at the same time
Is this girl going to the mall? Out to dinner? Doesn’t matter, it works either way.
10. It’s an easy way to get hair out of your face
And they look super cute tucked behind your ear, to boot.
11. It’s a perfect style for “athleisure”
Playing volleyball? Awesome! Watching Netflix in your Lululemons? Even better!
12. You can get as detailed and meticulous as you want
Or just make it messy af, because it looks great both ways.