If you’ve ever cringed because your coworker was speaking too loud in the morning, or awkwardly tried to evade a well-meaning hug, then you probably identify with Parks and Recreation‘s most dour-yet-lovable City of Pawnee employee, April Ludgate.
April is the character who reminds us that it’s okay to admit that you prefer animals to human beings. It’s okay to believe that small talk with strangers is a fate worse than death. It’s okay to access your inner spooky witch and put hexes on people.
Because sometimes, being sunny is overrated, and you need to wallow in your gloom.
Here are just a few of April’s most quotable quotes — and her moments which celebrated our more introverted sides, and encouraged us to stay weird as f*ck.
1. When she revealed her true passion.
2. Her reaction to being friendly.
3. When she looked on the bright side of losing.
4. Her rule of thumb when it comes to honesty.
5. When she thanked adult beverages everywhere for being awesome.
6. When she spit some serious truth about being an adult.
7. Her philosophy about nature.
8. Her key to happiness.
9. When she proved that girls can dig gross stuff, too.
10. When she spoke to everyone’s inner lazy girl.
11. When she described the most exciting bachelorette party ever.
12. When she gave impeccable speech advice.
13. When she described the two best ways to spend one’s time.
14. When she described the introvert’s paradise.