First off, if you choose to abstain from shaving your legs, underarms, or pubic region, that’s a great choice and you should keep doing your thing. Shaving is annoying, often irritating, and weirdly expensive.
However, if you’re one of the many women who do choose to conform to weird Western standards of beauty, there’s a decent chance that ridding yourself of unwanted body hair is one of the more obnoxious chores in your life. Aside from the bizarrely steep price of razors and shaving products, there’s also the actual discomfort that comes from accidentally scraping away a layer of your epidermis.
Is there any way to make shaving less of a chore?
Well yes, actually, there is. With the help of some tricky gadgets and products (and perhaps a subscription service or two), you can get a close shave without getting a pain in your neck.
1. Use a full-body exfoliator to prep your skin for shaving and prevent possible razor bumps.
2. Or, if an exfoliating device isn’t your taste, use an exfoliating mitt instead.
3. Use a cooling lotion to relieve any razor burn (and also just feel tingly and awesome).
4. Try an ingrown hair solution to solve those pesky razor bumps.
5. A solid shaving gel bar makes shaving a slightly less messy experience.
6. Razor nick sticks (used by professional barbers) prevent any potential cuts from bleeding on your nice fluffy towels.
7. Store your razors in a case outside of the shower — it will help them last longer.
8. If you need to shave, but don’t have time for a bath or shower (because life is like that sometimes), use a waterless shaving gel.
9. Use a fog-less shower mirror to get the best angle on your shave (not just for guys —shaving your legs/bikini area sometimes requires a mirror, too).
10. Get an exceptionally luxurious shaving experience by using a warming gel and lather dispenser (again, not just for dudes).
11. Subscribe to a monthly shaving/razor service. The prices will be far cheaper than at your local drugstore, and you’ll get constant refills.
12. Get a small, suction cup shower step to make shaving your calves and ankles a much easier experience.
And if you don’t feel like buying one online, you may just find one in your local “Adult Entertainment” store.