Fall is the time for dark, rich colors and cozy fabrics. Most importantly, it is the annual fashion heyday for flannel.
Flannel thrives in autumnal weather. Flannel dominates fall. Anyone who says otherwise has clearly never swaddled themselves in an oversized mens flannel shirt and known the joy of being truly cozy.
And hey, why stop at basic button-downs when it comes to this carded wool? Why not expand our flannel repertoire to include all manner of accessories, from iPhone cases to home decor? Let’s channel our inner lumberjack and take advantage of these months, when we can wear plaid without worrying about inadvertently making some sort of ’90s grunge statement.
Here are some easy ways to up your flannel game, so that everyone will be forced to sit you down and say “Dude. Enough with the flannel, already.”
1. Dress up in this casually chic shirt dress.
2. Prance through the woods in these flannel-lined boots.
3. Curl up all snug like a bug in a rug with this flannel-lined sleeping bag.
4. Pair your crop top with a swishy, flannel skater skirt.
5. Haul your life around in a handy flannel tote.
6. Dress up your boyfriend (or f*ckboi) with a flannel bowtie.
7. Carry your cash and credit cards in this simple (and weirdly elegant) flannel clutch.
8. Protect your phone with a sturdy-yet-soft flannel hard case.
9. Use this flannel-lined iPad case to keep your device safe ‘n cozy.
10. Go to sleep with this ~*very sexy*~ onesie, complete with butt-flap.
11. Chill out and prevent dark circles with this flannel eye pillow.
12. Sneak some extra fun into the party with a flannel flask (try saying THAT five times fast).
13. Bundle up in this shawl-like flannel scarf.
14. Access your inner Holden Caulfield with this flannel hunting cap.
15. Take a nap by a crackling fire, and wrap yourself in this fleece-lined flannel blanket.
16. Power-walk through autumn with these plaid slip-ons.
17. Keep flannel close to your heart (and your boobs!) with this plaid bra.
18. Deck your pup out in flannel, so you get warm fuzzies every time you look at them.
Related-ish: 15 Fall Beauty Swaps You Should Start Making Now