When you find yourself in a serious relationship around Halloween, you will, in all likelihood, feel that familiar tug: the urge to coordinate costumes with your significant other and achieve the coveted position of “Best Costumes at the Party.” It makes sense — you finally have a human in your life who feels morally obligated to make you happy! Why not utilize such an asset while you can?
However, I am here to tell you that such an accolade will never be yours if you simply dress as matching superheroes. Those costumes don’t inspire your fellow party guests. Rather, they just serve as reminders that you’re part of a couple — which basically gives every single person at the party reason to hate you.
Circumvent this hatred by choosing a creative couple’s costume that will charm and delight your peers, as well as your significant other! Get clever! Get unique!
And for God’s sake, please don’t dress as the Joker and Harley Quinn!
1. The Maitlands from Beetlejuice
2. Chuck Nolan and Wilson from Cast Away.
Going through old photos for #ThrowBackThursday and reminiscing on some of my favorite #HalloweenCostumes. This one is from #Halloween2012 and took a over a month to make, but it turned out perfectly. #CastAway #ChuckNolan #Wilson #TomHanks #CoupleCostume #CoupleHalloweenCostume #2000 #HalloweenCostume @earthist_87
5. Yzma and Kronk from The Emperor’s New Groove.
7. Indiana Jones and Marion Ravenwood.
I've stumbled upon the greatest treasure a man can experience. (and I didn't even have to dig for it). It's not wealth, it's not power, It's Love. Indiana Jones and Marion had a wonderful adventure today! . . . . . . . #Indianajones #marionravenwood #raidersofthelostark #archeology #archeologists #wedigeachother #indy #adventureisoutthere #greatday #coolcouplecosplay #cosplay #couplecosplay
9. The droogs from A Clockwork Orange.
10. Gogo Yubari and a member of the “Crazy 88” from Kill Bill.
12. Regina George and Aaron Samuels from Mean Girls.
13. Eleven and her Eggo from Stranger Things.
14. Forrest Gump and Jenny.
16. Burt Macklin and Janet Snakehole (AKA, April and Andy from Parks and Recreation).
17. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy from Spongebob Squarepants.
18. Gomez and Morticia from The Addams Family.
20. … Or Vincent and Mia Wallace.
21. Spinelli and TJ from Recess.
22. Daria and Jane.
23. The American Gothic couple.
It's October 1st and our absolute favorite month for art history. Looking forward to art inspired costumes, pumpkins, cocktails and a special social media takeover of the @honolulumuseum for the Halloween edition of #ARTafterDARK Today's costume inspiration comes from Jennifer and Greg at Seakettle.com.