We’ve all had a love-hate relationship with wine. Sure, it makes us feel more relaxed and charming — but it also unleashes our untrustworthy tongues, and gives us cause to believe that we are amazing dancers. Wine is a fun and fickle frenemy, and it cannot be left unchecked.
Here are just a few faces that anyone who has gotten wine drunk will recognize — courtesy for the 2016 presidential election:
1. When you’re at the party and you realize the alcohol is kicking in.
2. When you tell your friend how much wine you want.
3. When you get drunkenly emotional thinking about how great your friends are.
4. When your realize your jam just came on …
5. … And you simply cannot contain your tipsy dance moves.
6. When you feel the need to whisper to your BFF that you love her and that she’s a magical unicorn.
7. When you try to get everybody to shut the f*ck up so you can repeat that hilarious joke you just told.
8. When you see a member of your squad across the room.
9. When someone tells you you’re drunk and you respond with “No, you’re drunk,” like it’s the most brilliant comeback in the world.
10. When you decide to drunk dial your ex.
11. When you remember you have leftovers in the fridge.
12. When you and your best friend start arguing in the bathroom about something that happened five years ago.
13. When your friend says that the party is out of wine and you can’t f*cking deal …
14. … But then somebody shows up, carrying a bottle.
15. When you and your bestie decide to sing an off-key karaoke duo in front of everyone.
16. When you’re trying to participate in a conversation and pretend that you’re sober.
17. When your crush enters the room and you’re trying to look all pouty and cool.
18. When your friend asks if anybody needs a refill.
19. When you start posing for selfies like this:
20. When you’re trying to give the Uber driver drunken directions back to your house, while your friend is falling asleep behind you.
21. When you wake up the next morning and realize you can never do any of that again.