Of all the rooms in your house, the bathroom undoubtedly gets the worst treatment. It’s full of dirty clothes, moist towels, half-empty bottles of soap, mildew — and, it houses the toilet, which brings up a whole other range of unpleasant possibilities.
In short, bathrooms are typically gross, and its understandable why you wouldn’t want to spend any unnecessary time in one.
However, there are actually some pretty tricky ways for you to transform your forlorn water closet into a dreamy spa retreat, regardless of how cramped or unglamorous it may be. Honestly! You’d be surprised what a little cleaning scrub and a few well-chosen interior decor items can do.
Here are some cheap and easy suggestions to upgrade your own lavatory into a relaxing oasis — because you deserve to come home and enjoy a glass of wine in the bathtub, okay?
1. Put scented bath salts in pretty glass containers.
2. Similarly, transfer your shampoo and soap to new, decorative bottles or pumps.
3. Hang two shower curtains, for a grander effect.
4. Use a rustic wooden ladder as a decorative towel rack.
5. Get the waterproof SoundBot bluetooth speaker.
6. Replace your old shower head with a luxurious massaging shower head.
7. Clean your tub with Bar Keepers Friend to make it sparkle (and turn it from gray to white).
8. Lay some wooden slats on the floor of your shower for a classy touch.
9. Upgrade the inside of your medicine cabinet with peel-and-stick wallpaper.
10. Put your mouthwash in a classy glass bottle.
11. Give the space some life by adding some bathroom-friendly plants.
12. Put this DIY bathtub tray on your tub, and feel super fancy about it.
13. Get a handy neck pillow for your bathtub, so you’re inspired to do more relaxing there.
14. Use the Deep Water Bath gadget to fill up your tub as high as you please.
15. Make a cushy bath mat to make your feet feel consistently amazing — even on cold mornings.
16. Place a lamp with an actual shade on your vanity, for a little mood lighting.
17. Use woven baskets for guest towels and extra toiletries.
18. Add extra towel storage to the back of the door.
19. Make a gallery wall over the bathtub (or on any bathroom wall) to add some artistic flair.
20. MOTHERF*CKING CANDLES EVERYWHERE.