Shopping for guys can be a somewhat mystifying experience — particularly when you’re trying to be creative, and not just pick something off of his Amazon wish list.
It’s tempting to grab a fancy shirt or some cologne, but let’s be real: holidays are the time to treat your boo to a gift that will actually surprise and delight him. It’s the time to give him a present that is (mostly) devoid of usefulness, and exists purely to induce happiness.
Here are some gift ideas to help get you thinking outside of the box. And if some of them seem juvenile, remember: regardless of their age, guys will always love toys.
1. This build-on brick mug, which will allow him to finally play with his food — er, drink.
2. This homemade gin kit, so he can finally make his own booze — for better or worse.
3. This Death Star waffle-maker, so he can geek out every morning.
4. This bluetooth-enabled record player, so he can start collecting vinyl and also play music from his phone.
5. This incredible 3D printing pen that will enable him to create sculptures out of thin air.
6. A classy watch, because most guys don’t go for jewelry.
7. A coffee press mug, so he can make exactly as much as he wants.
8. This mitten flask, so he can keep both his hands and his insides warm.
9. This retro Westworld print (because let’s be real, if he’s a guy and he’s watching TV, he probably likes Westworld).
10. The Stranger Things soundtrack on vinyl, so he can always pretend he’s on a sci-fi adventure.
11. This brass bar set, so he can feel like he’s always on Mad Men.
12. This smartphone lens kit, to appeal to his inner amateur photographer.
13. This mini quadcopter — because he totally wanted this for Christmas when he was younger.
14. This fancy pocketknife, because it will make him feel like he has the most badass accessory of all time.
15. This Wes Anderson artwork book, because it will probably make him feel extremely adult to have a coffee table book.
16. This enamel flask (in case the mitten one is too silly).
17. A vintage dopp kit, to make him feel like a well-groomed gentleman.
18. A Sega Genesis console, because nothing is more potent than nostalgia.
19. Get him a really nice (but not outrageously expensive) bottle of whiskey, like Stranahan’s Colorado Whiskey.
20. The Philips Wireless Picopix Pico Projector (if you want to really spoil him), so he can project movies on his wall