According to a new report from Oxfam International, 8 people have as much wealth as the world’s poorest 3.6 billion people. That’s a combined worth of $426 billion. Holy. Shit.
Some are saying “good for them” while others are saying “this is a huge problem.”
Paul O’Brien, Oxfam America’s VP for Policy and Campaigns explained why:
“Such dramatic inequality is trapping millions in poverty, fracturing our societies, and poisoning our politics.”
I challenge you to try and guess the top 8 people before scrolling further.
Finished? Alright, here we go. Here is the small list of rich AF billionaires that have more money than half the world and what they’re best known for:
1. Microsoft’s co-founder, Bill Gates
2. The chairman, CEO and largest shareholder of Berkshire Hathaway, Warren Buffett.
3. Mexican business investor, Carlos Slim
4. Co-founder, chairman, and chief executive officer of Amazon.com, Jeff Bezos
5. Chairman, chief executive officer, and co-founder of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg
6. Founder and former chairman of Inditex fashion group (which includes Zara), Amancio Ortega
7. Co-founder of Oracle Corporation, Larry Ellison
8. Founder, CEO, and owner of Bloomberg L.P, Michael Bloomberg