If you schedule your days around workouts and your closet is chock-full of more leggings and athletic wear than anything else, chances are you identify as a gym girl.
With this lifestyle, as with any hobby, comes ups and downs as well as unavoidable annoyances and incomparable rewards. These are just a few of the faces any girl who’d rather spend their Friday night at the squat rack than a bar will immediately recognize.
1. When you hear some jacked up bro throwing down his weights.
Is that really necessary?
2. When someone asks how many reps you have left.
Um, how about as many as I need? Calm your tits and find another machine.
3. When that one sweaty AF person doesn’t wipe down any of their machines.
4. When you feel a creeper creeping on you while you squat.
I see you, you’re not smooth. Cut it out.
5. When you hear a guy screaming with each rep.
I’m very uncomfortable.
6. When you accidentally start using a machine someone else was on.
I didn’t mean to, I swear!
7. When you see another girl killing it and you just want to be her.
Teach me your ways.
8. When you workout the first week in January.
WHY are you here?
9. When you try to use that one machine without making eye contact.
Just two more sets. Don’t look at anyone.
10. When you finish a workout and instantly feel like a brand new human.
Watch out world.
11. When leg day has you feeling like you might puke, but you want to keep going.
I can do this! But I also might vomit.
12. When you look at yourself in the mirror after a week of skipping workouts.
13. When someone finishes on a squat rack right as you walk up.
Thank you, kind soul.
14. When you realize you’ve taken too much pre-workout.
I’m the strongest woman in the world, hear me roar!
15. When your trainer says one more rep and you’d rather die.
16. When someone compliments you on your progress.
I just want to thank my trainer and all of those inspirational Tumblr posts. *Sniff*
17. When you walk in to an empty gym.
I’ve never been so happy.