Everyone has a geeky friend that keeps our lives awkwardly entertained. Whether they’re tech dorks or just a single-minded expert in a particular field, shoutout to their brains that keep conversations a bit different than a typical conversation. And if you’re looking to make one of their days, these jokes will help. Although their occupation or major may not fit some of these categories, their nerd-level probably will. Which is why it’s about to get goofy in here, thanks to these Redittors.
1. Timferius has a love for puns.
My Geo teacher had a large hunk of Gneiss at the front of his class. He’d tell us “This rock is Gneiss, don’t take it for Granite”. That man is likely a large reason why I love puns.
2. Anyone who understand electronics will laugh at USmileIClick’s joke.
Did you hear about the two antennas that got married? The wedding wasn’t much but the reception was excellent.
3. RudyRhythmface knows a good digital search joke when he hears one.
An SEO expert walks into a bar, bars, pub, public house, Irish pub, drinks, beer. (SEO = Search Engine Optimization)
4. Cuddles_with_sharks should be a matchmaker.
Parallel lines have so much in common, it’s a shame they’ll never meet.
5. Svenson_26 is probably the biggest math nerd alive.
A mathematician comes home late one night, and his wife has her bags packed at the door.
She says to him, “I’ve had it! You love math way more than you love me! I’m leaving you!”
The mathematician says “No way baby! I love you so much more than math.” She says “Oh yeah? Prove it.”
He pauses for a moment, then responds, “Okay, let epsilon represent a number greater than zero…”
6. KayEssArr2 mixes beers and infinite numbers.
An infinite number of mathematicians walk into a bar. The first one orders a beer, the second orders half a beer, and the third orders a quarter beer. The bartender stops them from ordering more and brings out two beers and says “Know your limits”
7. Programmers will understand Bcuzimonfire’s joke.
Programmer goes to shop for groceries, wife tells him: “Get a gallon of milk. If they have eggs, get a dozen.” So he comes back home with a dozen gallons of milk and says: “They had eggs.”
8. Jomojoe98 has one for the science guys.
Two atoms are walking down the street when the first turns to the other and says “damn I think I left an electron behind” To which the other said “Are you sure” Atom 1 replied, “yes, I’m positive”
9. Sleepingparagnomen’s dorky joke will make you red in the face.
I’d tell you a chemistry joke but I’m afraid I won’t get a reaction
10. Fubo has one for the IT guys.
Boss: What’s your mailing address?
IT guy: Oh, that! email@example.com
Boss: No, where do you get packages?
IT guy: apt-get on my workstation, brew on my Macbook.
Boss: When you get a pizza delivered, where does the pizza guy go?
IT guy: The front desk; reception doesn’t let them come down to the IT department.
11. Kneingbh‘s joke plays with gravity.
My physics professor said that I had a lot of potential, then he pushed me off of the roof.
12. WilburDes has one for the engineers in your life.
The optimist sees a glass on the table and says it’s half full.
The pessimist sees a glass on the table and says it’s half empty.
The engineer sees a glass on the table and says it’s only operating at 50% efficiency.
13. AKeeZ knows about an unstoppable man.
Did you hear about the mathematician who avoids negative numbers?
They say he’ll stop at nothing.
14. EdgarAetheling is a chemistry nerd.
Are there any good jokes about sodium?
Na, all the good ones Argon.
15. Teeeeejkim has a physiological point.
“I personally don’t believe in bros before hoes or hoes before bros. There needs to be a balance. A homie-hoe-stasis.”
16. Quothyourmom just wants someone who appreciates grammar to laugh already.
No, no. It’s to whom.
I’m an English teacher. I tell this one to my kiddos all the time. No one ever laughs.
17. NotVerySmarts has a decent choice in music.
My favorite band is called Plutonium. They only play the heaviest metal.
18. TheGarp will make you smile.
What is Forrest Gump’s password?