Amanda Bynes’ “fall from grace” was a highly publicized and intrusive media ordeal. From her multiple DUIs, to her forcible hospitalization in 2013, to her baffling collection of (bad) wigs, we all watched in rapt attention as one of our favorite adolescent stars seemed to self-implode. In truth, the situation was far more sad and serious than anyone cared to admit — it was much easier to simply joke that Amanda Bynes had “lost it,” than deal with the possibility that something was very truly wrong.
Following her hospitalization, the past four years have been fairly quiet where Amanda Bynes is concerned. She’s checked in periodically on her Twitter account, keeping fans apprised on new haircuts and telling them to avoid fake Amanda Bynes accounts, but she hasn’t done any interviews or appeared in any new projects.
That is, until Bynes decided to finally break her semi-silence and update the public and her fans on what she’s been doing with her life.
Bynes recently sat down with the (incredibly annoying) Diana Madison of The Lowdown to talk about what her life is like these days and touch on her plans for the future — as well as dissecting the more infamous moments of her past.
Though the interview comes across as a little stilted and staged (and it becomes increasingly obvious that Amanda isn’t terribly amused by Diana’s simpering quips), it’s definitely clear that Amanda Bynes is cautiously attempting to make a sober foray back into the public eye.
Here are some of the interview highlights:
- Bynes is currently going to school for fashion at FIDM. “I love it — I’ve learned how to sew, I make patterns, and I want to start a clothing line in the future,” she says.
- She plans to get back into acting, starting with small roles on television shows. “Maybe a few guest spots on shows that I’m a fan of, maybe another TV show where I’m the star of it in the future.”
- As for what she does in her free time? “I hike, I go spinning — to spin class. I feed the homeless and that’s been really interesting and fun.”
- What the f*ck did she tweeted at Drake, saying “murder my vagina”? I actually wasn’t being insincere!” She says. “I was like, saying, ‘murder my vagina’. I was serious, but I was also on drugs. That was my way of saying like ‘let’s do it, man!’ I was on drugs and trying to be hilarious … It just means, like, ‘f**k me Drake!'”
- When discussing Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus: “I’ve actually never met any of them.” (Which is the Amanda Bynes version of “I don’t know her.”)
It seems as though Bynes really is doing pretty well for herself, all things considered. And, while her actual comeback may still be in the distant future, her fans are already celebrating Amanda’s return to the spotlight.
Welcome back, Amanda Bynes.