Though the show has come to an end, I will never get tired of re-watching hours upon hours of Parks And Rec. The relatable cast of hilarious characters and their quick-witted humor make for the perfect escape from the every day.
Not that we ever really need a reason to laugh at one of the best shows ever created, but since yesterday was Chris Pratt aka Andy Dwyer’s birthday—we figured we’d seize the opportunity to reminisce about our favorite Parks moments.
So, go ahead and treat yo’ self to some laughs.
1. When Leslie asked Ann for help with her date outfit.
2. When Ron gave Leslie meaningful life advice
“Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing.”
3. When Ann understood the struggle of exercise.
4. When April knew exactly how to motivate her people.
“Time is money; money is power; power is pizza; pizza is knowledge. Let’s go!”
5. When Leslie was all of us trying to eat healthy.
6. When Andy Dwyer perfectly described adulthood.
“I’m fine. It’s just that life is pointless, and nothing matters, and I’m always tired.”
7. When Donna helped Ann with her dating problems.
“Use him. Abuse him. Lose him. That’s the Meagle motto.”
8. Every time Tom believed he was a star.
9. When April’s optimism was overwhelming.
“Horizons are dumb. Never broaden your horizons.”
10. That time Ron took Andy to the dentist.
11. When Leslie laid out her priorities.
“We need to remember what’s important in life: Friends, waffles and work. Or waffles, friends, work. It doesn’t matter. But work is third.”
12. When Chris bragged about his impeccable health.
“Scientists believe that the first human being who will live 150 years has already been born. I believe I am that human being.”
13. When Andy tried to sweep April off her feet with a romantic metaphor.
14. When Jean-Ralphio was just himself.
“When life gives you lemons, steal your grandma’s jewelry and go clubbin’.”
15. When Ben truly out nerd-ed himself.
16. When Andy showed his sensitive side.
“I’m not crying, okay? I’m just allergic to jerks.”
17. When Leslie was open about her wine tasting abilities.
18. When Tom understood balance.
“Sometimes you gotta work a little, so you can ball a lot.”
19. When Chris had the audacity to ask Ron if he wanted salad.
20. When Leslie was prepared to defend Ann.
“I’m sure he’s not cheating on you. But if he is, he’s a monster. And if he’s not, you guys are great together. But if he is, I will kill him.”
21. And finally, when Donna and Tom remind us to always look out for number one.