Every time you opt for a spray tan you’re basically taking a large leap of faith. If you pick another person to spray paint their work of art on your body, high-five for confidence. If you choose to manually apply, you’re taking a huge gamble on yourself. And if you’re letting a machine take the wheel, there’s a solid chance you might look like Ross from Friends.
Even if the application process was accomplished perfectly, heat, emotions, and weather might have other plans for your skin. Coming from someone who’s definitely had a lot of good, bad and ugly spray tans, props to all of these people for at least attempting not to burn the skin they’re in.
1. When you forget to remove the blood donation bandage before receiving a spray tan
2. When white armpits turn into a shape you never wanted
3. When you forget to pull all of your hair back
4. When your feels get you
5. When the spray tan fades on the day of your graduation and need to find another outfit
6. When you have prom tomorrow but…
7. When you you get spot-on advice on Facebook
8. “When your perfect spray tan record finally ends…”
9. When your foot fail is so good, the wedding photographer captures it
10. When you use your hairnet as a forehead net
11. When the spray gun gets stuck and won’t stop spraying
12. When you raise your “blotchy ass hand”
13. When you can’t resist a brutally honest reaction selfie
14. “When your sweet client that you just spray tanned calls you and tells you she messed up her tan… she sat a pizza box on her lap… of course you offer to fix it and trade for a piece of pizza!”