Tattoos have officially been embraced by the celebrity community — so much so, that the body art trend has become rather mainstream in the past several decades. Thanks to the celebrities who are loud and proud about their ink, people everywhere are becoming more comfortable with the notion of self-expression via body art.
That said, not all celebrity tattoos are created equal. Just because a wealthy, famous individual has a tattoo, that doesn’t mean that said tattoo is a quality piece of work. In fact, some celebrity tats are downright dismal.
Chris Nunez and Oliver Peck, the hosts of Spike TV’s Ink Master, recently sat down with GQ to determine which celebrities have quality ink, and which famous tattoos just look like trash.
Some highlights include, but are not limited to:
- Lil’ Wayne is clearly more interested in having “a lot of tattoos” than “quality tattoos.”
- Justin Bieber’s tattoo sleeve makes him look like he’s “littered with garbage.”
- Angelina Jolie clearly “suffered” for her Thai monk tattoo.
- Cara Delevingne’s lion tat on her finger is “a mess,” or “turd smear.”
- Mike Tyson’s face tattoo is “the purest example of … you just don’t care anymore.”
- Ed Sheeran’s tattoos look like “Crayola drawings” done by “young children.”
- Being “almost, 100% certain that Chris Brown can afford a better tattoo than this.”
So, if you’re thinking of getting some celebrity-inspired body art, maybe take Chris and Oliver’s expertise into account before you get something irreparably inked onto your body.
After all — nobody wants tattoo experts calling their tattoos “turd smears” behind their back.