Uncomfortable circumstances are almost painful to think about.
Whether it’s accidentally falling out of your chair (I did this yesterday) or watching someone else’s flustered fail, you never know when your next “I want to run out of this room” encounter is going to take place. Because awkward moments are unpredictable.
So when Redditors were asked what makes them feel incredibly uncomfortable, these responses are so spot on, you’ll definitely relate.
1. zzephyrus doesn’t want to be the center of attention
People singing happy birthday to me. No idea what to do in that situation.
2. mmsta points out that desperate situation when your forced to make small talk
When the teacher says “Alright, find a partner! ” in a class where I have no friends or people I’d even want to talk to.
3. Awkward silence is the worst for CHOCOLATEJ3SU5
People who can’t hold a conversation. That’s the only time I feel uncomfortable is when I’m around people who aren’t really talkative.
4. Kiwikeeper‘s inner ear hurts
Children crying. Even if it’s just a temper tantrum.
5. We hear you, bduk6
Opening gifts in front of people.
6. Spacial awareness is a must for qoerlemans
People that stand really close to you when they talk. GET OUT OF MY AURA MAN!
7. When MarsUDropout’s social anxiety intensifies
The only person you know at the party goes to the next room without you.
8. cardiovascularsystem can’t pretend
Watching the character I’m supposed to empathize with make an idiot of themselves
9. DaisyCutter1485 isn’t a fan of a particular seating arrangement
Couples who sit on the same side of the booth at restaurants.
10. brijjen gets trapped in the middle of it
Other people fighting in front of me and, worst of all, if they ask for my input on their fight
11. icecreampopncereal shared losing someone is not an easy topic to initiate on the other side
Telling someone my condolences
12. RiggedErection doesn’t want you to think it was him
When you are around a lot of people and someone has terrible body odor. I just hope people don’t think it’s me.
13. brokendowndryer isn’t about saying the L word to just anyone
Being told “I love you” by someone you don’t feel the same about.
I’m not talking about your significant other. I’m talking about that cousin or aunt that you see once or twice a year who says it to you as you are leaving.
I don’t feel the same way. I have trouble with “I love you” to begin with, and I’m just not going to hand it out to random cousin. It makes me so uncomfortable. I never say it back. Usually just “good to see you” and a quick hug and I’m out.
14. SendMeYourThoughts isn’t good at the “shirt tuck” method
Needing to adjust underwear when there’s too many people about and I feel like my heads going to explode because I need to pull that fucking wedgie out but I can’t look like an uncultured little shit.
15. A four letter phrase for brokendowndryer is all it takes
There is a huge difference between “I want to talk to you” (even though that is still a little scary) and “we need to talk”.
Nothing good has ever happened after “We need to talk”.
16. It’s a secondhand thing for MissCryptic
Watching other people get embarrassed. I have super bad second-hand embarrassment and get so uncomfortable watching other people’s discomfort.