If you love pranks, enjoy watching dry humor TV shows like The Office or just like anything that has to do with awkward, you’ve clicked on the right place. A group of Redditors shared the weirdest things to stay when answering the phone and these answers will make you want to mess with whoever calls you next.
1. waythaz turns it into a radio show.
Hello caller, you’re on the air!
2. Swapping one word changed everything for threw-away-acc.
I once tried to say “hold on” and instead said “hold me”.
3. Philip_J_Frylock begins with an impossible command.
4. OrForgotten has a full game idea that you can only win if you reach the end.
Tell them your name and why you’re calling them and proceed to have a conversation that the caller definitely did not want to have going into it. Bonus points if you can find a natural ending to your conversation and hang up before they get to the original reason why they called.
5. When Resutidder579 has too much caffeine.
When I’ve had a lot of coffee I’ll answer calls by saying “is the line secure?” Sometimes people think that’s weird.
6. It’s the classic voicemail prank and fasais1 just reminded us about it.
“This is my voicemail, please leave a message after the beep. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP” Until they hang up. Don’t hide your voice or breathing.
7. celery_lover knows how to confuse the hell out of people.
“This is me, is this you?”
8. Or if you want to mess with them even further KarshLichblade has an idea.
“This is you, is this me?”
9. Wrestlingisgood’s idea will make you instantly feel like you did something illegal.
“This call is being recorded”
10. MeppsBlackFury0 makes it weird with meat.
Jim’s quality used meats, how may I help you?
11. How would you respond to bentes2‘s greeting?
Many years ago, I had a friend who picked up the phone and just said “Speak!”
12. And you can basically turn into a therapist with Crowe410‘s idea.
Keep saying “It’s Not Your Fault” until they open up to you emotionally.