21 hilariously brilliant student hacks I wish I’d known about in college
As most graduates will attest, college is an experience unlike any other. Though these defining years will be some of the best of your lifetime, they’ll also be some of the most broke and desperate. Ramen for days and dining hall runs were the norm.
However, today’s college students are coming up with the most ridiculously ingenious hacks to help them survive
dorm life and you’ll be seriously pissed that you didn’t think of these first. 1. Use an ice tray for mess-free Dino Nugget eating.
2. Cover your dishes in plastic wrap before using if you don’t feel like washing them.
3. Or multitask by washing your dishes while you bathe.
4. Don’t have silverware? A broken plastic hanger can be used as a jagged spoon.
5. Fill your washer with ice and drinks for a makeshift cooler when you can’t afford to buy one.
6. If you don’t have a strainer lying around, use a tennis racket.
7. Worried about your big test? Write down a few answers and fit them into the back of your nails.
8. Always stock up on milk and other groceries at the dining hall.
9. No microwave? Make grilled cheese in your toaster.
10. Filtered water isn’t cheap, so borrow some from the hallway water fountain.
11. Cook your frozen pizza with an iron and blowdryer when there’s no oven.
12. Have a dorm bbq with your coffee maker.
13. Can’t afford new socks? Just fill in your toe nail with a black marker.
14. Keep your beverages from tumbling over in the mini fridge with a binder clip.
15. Make your own cheap Christmas tree with a string of lights.
16. Make yourself a really
classy chandelier with a few Heineken cans.
17. Make your own speakers with two empty cartons.
18. Use plastic bottles to make cups.
19. Broken razor? That’s what pliers are for.
20. Pens are really just plastic chopsticks.
21. No seats left on the shuttle? Bring your plunger and hold on.