There’s no denying how rapidly society has evolved in the past decade or so. We’ve gone from Blockbuster to Netflix, flip phones to smartphones, and the list goes on. Feeling nostalgic yet?
Reddit decided to ask its users about the one thing they miss most from the early 2000’s and their responses will make you feel so damn old.
1. itlnstln86 still misses AIM.
AOL Instant Messenger was the only logical way to keep in touch with my HS friends.
2. Harperlarp is an old school gamer.
PlayStation 2. One of the most legendary and iconic video game consoles of all time.
3. JHowell0201 is so nostalgic.
4. Agreed, flooferdoofer.
Disney Channel, Nickelodeon, and Cartoon Network had a golden age then.
5. Unexpected_SoIaF those were the after school specials.
Cartoon Network’s line up of shows. Ed Edd n Eddy, Codename Kids Next Door, Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends etc.
6. Dalamaduren was a total rebel.
The 18+ section of the video rental stores haha.
7. I remember those, jewkakasaurus.
The old 90s computers that would be in classrooms with cool games on them.
8. Still a hit, laterdude.
The remix to Ignition.
9. covfefelajefe misses game nights.
Halo LAN parties. That iconic “boop, boop, beep” when it’s about to go down.
10. So does Obsidiannovamist.
11. MrTomDawson was a Buffy addict.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
12. Two_kids_two_pugs is so accurate.
For the most part, you could order pizza for everyone and almost no one would say they couldn’t eat it because they are dairy free, gluten free, on a cleanse, or totally organic. Only the people with real medical issues would turn it down. Now I feel like getting food for people is such a cluster.
13. Grottystatute74, we would’ve been best friends.
Probably the pop punk bands such as My Chemical Romance, Panic! At The Disco etc…
14. icecreampopncereal was clearly one of the cool kids.
15. Same, TheRickiestMorty.
16. Preach, CinnamonBunBun.
I liked that since smartphones weren’t really a thing yet, you didn’t have to be constantly contactable. Now people freak out if you don’t answer your emails because heavens forgive you are on holidays or maternity leave. Where I work, I have clients get upset because an employee didn’t reply to them because they were at lunch. People need to eat.
17. bags1980 remembers easier times.
Downloading stuff from Napster