Every year, immediately following Halloween, Jimmy Kimmel Live! asks parents to film themselves pranking their children by telling them they’ve eaten all their Halloween candy. And every year, we are all reminded of the important fact that free candy is EXTREMELY VALUABLE to little kids.
This year’s entries for the best “I Told My Kids I Ate All Their Halloween Candy” prank really run the gamut: from indignant screams to unaffected shrugs, every kid has a totally different and unique response to having their candy unceremoniously stolen.
- The little girl who indignantly told her mom to just “spit it out of your tummy!”
- The girl dressed as Mr. Incredible who was simply stunned into silence.
- The boy who helpfully pointed out that his dad was “selfish.”
- The little kid who was totally unaffected and shrugged the whole thing off, saying “That’s fine!”
- The boy who brutally told his mom “That’s why I don’t love you anymore.”
- The miniature detective who figured the entire thing out and said “Wait a minute! I think you’re tryin’ to trick me!”
- The kid who says “It’s okay, I forgive you,” who was clearly fed the line by his parents.
There were even a few tykes who got a bit physically violent — but hey, it’s kind of hard to blame them. Their parents tried to ruin one of the best holidays of the year! What the heck to they expect?
Personally, I’m going to endeavor to be more like the little kid whose immediate response to his dad’s foolishness was basically “Mmkay! Whatever.” Judging from personal experience, I think that’s probably the best tactic for dealing with strange (and prank-happy) parents.