It’s that magical time of the year when it’s impossible to leave your house without playing Mariah Carey’s iconic holiday song, All I Want for Christmas Is You. For some reason, you can’t help but love this catchy song, even though you’ve heard it 48,284 times in your life already.
While many would argue that she’s truly the Queen of Christmas, the 47-year-old singer told People, “I don’t accept that name because I feel like it’s [too much]. I humbly thank them and I do have an extraordinary love for the holiday season, and it is the best time of the year.”
Although she won’t accept the queen title, she’s definitely living it and here’s some festive Instagram photos that prove it.
1. When her family found an NYC tree
2. When she showed off her tree topper
3. When the month of October didn’t stop her from performing Christmas tunes
4. When she mixed eggnog with sparkly lingerie
5. When she had an All I Want For Christmas light show at the Empire State Building
6. When she dressed like a nutcracker
7. When we found out her and Santa are basically besties
8. When she wore her onesie under the tree
Not only is Mariah making millions off of royalties from this hit song, there’s a new All I want For Christmas animated film feature that includes a fresh, original song by Mariah, available on Blue-Ray, DVD, and online streaming.
You go, Mariah.