You don’t really realize how much there is to worry about until you have kids. Folks whose parents were particularly strict never got to do all the fun stuff their friends got to do, so they may be more apt to let their own kids have more freedom. But on the flip side, those of us who had pretty lax parental guidelines find ourselves fretting over too much screen time, preservatives in food, and tethering our children at all times, for fear of kidnapping.
And if you think, “Well if that’s the worst of it…” you must have forgotten about the TV shows, movies, and music it’s even easier to access under strict parental noses these days.
Thank goodness Twitter user @toomuchnick gave everyone a chance to grieve those lost parts of their childhoods.
Playful witchcraft?! In my good Disney magazines! I think not.
1. The Fresh Prince doesn’t even curse!
2. But they watched it? Double standard!
3. Maybe they thought Carrie’s mom made a good point?
4. Damn teens and their summer jobs!
5. I’d pay to see that movie.
6. Hail Cruella!
7. What will the neighbors think?
8. LOL, he didn’t even watch the game??
9. You didn’t miss much.
10. Um, same.
11. The trifecta of sorcery:
12. Eat. My. Shorts.
13. This next level conspiracy theory, tho.
14. I blame 90210 for an unrealistic expectation of post-college life.
15. Never too late, though.
16. Hopefully it was due to her poor understanding of irony.
17. When kicking off your Sunday shoes goes horribly, horribly wrong.
18. Way harsh.
19. Sounds legit.