I’ll be honest: cooking is a skill which I have yet to master. Despite my best efforts, whatever I cook usually ends up tasting a tad “off,” and my poor boyfriend is forced to hide his grimace and pretend that it’s delicious.
But, if you’re like me, and will never be a master chef in this lifetime, there are still sneaky ways to make homemade, edible food, that you aren’t ashamed to serve other people! The main key to his trickery is the handy-dandy slow-cooker — or, as it is more fondly known, the crock pot.
Crock pot recipes are so easy, they almost feel like cheating. You can literally cook a meal without having having to sear, flip or sauté anything. All you have to do is dump the ingredients into a pot and just bust a chill while your food essentially makes itself.
Here are some stupid-easy crock pot recipes to get your started, so you can impress your loved ones (and unloved ones) without having to exert any effort whatsoever. Because isn’t that really what the American dream is all about?
1. This kale and red pepper frittata.
2. A batch of maple baked apples.
3. An amazing cinnamon roll casserole.
4. Some overnight quinoa and oats.
5. This recipe for honey garlic chicken.
6. Some garlic parmesan potatoes.
7. A hearty helping of sausage, spinach and white bean soup.
8. This handy recipe for crock pot herb bread.
9. This surprisingly delicious slow-cooker salmon.
10. This amazing sweet potato, chicken, and quinoa soup.
11. A recipe for crock pot queso blanco.
12. These tasty pulled beef tacos.
13. This flavorful coconut curry cashew chicken.
14. This recipe for slow-cooker Mongolian Beef.
15. This light and healthy Quinoa Chicken Primavera.
16. This awesome and easy Teriyaki Chicken.
17. This recipe for homemade Slow-Cooker Spaghetti Sauce.
18. This rich Slow-Cooker Chicken and Corn Chowder.
19. The delectable Pumpkin Pecan Bread Pudding.
20. This knock-your-socks-off Slow-Cooker Brownie Pudding.