Closets, though well-intentioned, are almost always a resting place for disgusting clutter. It’s just inevitable — they’re out of the way and closed-off, and they’re perfect for hiding our unsightly messes. Unfortunately, a disorganized closet rarely makes your life (or your mornings) any easier.
Here are some simple and effective products that will enable you to keep the closet anarchy at bay. And who knows? That level of organizational dedication may accidentally find its way to other parts of your living space!
1. Use some Shoe Slotz to double the amount of shelf space in your closet.
Get one on Amazon for $29.95.
2. Organize your belts in one handy place with this metal, hanging ring.
Get one here for $2.99.
3. Use some decorative pushpins to hold and display your jewelry.
Get a set on Amazon for $16.95.
4. Use these handy labels to sort all of your hanging clothes.
Get a set from The Container Store for $12.99.
5. Try a divided hamper to keep your dirty clothes off of your closet floor.
Get it from Amazon for $52.99.
6. Fold your shirts effortlessly with a Miracle Fold (which sounds corny, but actually works).
Try one from Amazon for $21.99.
7. Use colorful drawer dividers to cut down on rummaging time.
Try a set from The Container Store for $5.99.
8. Use this rack to double the amount of hanging space in your closet.
Buy one from Amazon for $9.74.
9. Try this hanger, which lets you hang 8 dresses or camisoles in the place of one.
Get a set of two from Amazon for $9.99.
10. Use a charcoal odor absorber to keep your closet smelling fresh.
Try one from Amazon for $9.95.
11. Use a handy push light so you can actually see what you’re grabbing.
Get one on Amazon for $14.99.
12. Use a foldable stool so you can grab those hard-to-reach items.
Get one on Amazon for $8.99.
13. Try these hangers that will make it ridiculously easy to hang up your pants and jeans.
Get a set from Amazon for $21.99.
14. Download Stylebook, the app that lets you digitally mix-and-match your clothes (like Cher in Clueless).
Get it from iTunes for $3.99.
15. Use these clear plastic dividers to keep your shirts in their place.
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $39.95.
16. Use this handy pad to plan out your outfits and record your feelings about them.
Get the pad from ModCloth for $7.99.
17. Keep scarves organized with this trendy, triangular hanger.
Get one from Amazon for $14.25.
18. Keep your closet smelling classy with a lovely scented oil diffuser.
Try this one from Anthropologie for $32.