This may be hard for some to believe, but I have just recently finished watching 30 Rock in its entirety for the very first time on Netflix. *Cue gasp* It’s true and not unlike hundreds of other fans, I have quickly fallen in love with the hilariously relatable antics of the one and only Liz Lemon.
Over the past month or so, I’ve learned a multitude of valuable life lessons from the infamous Ms. Lemon. For instance, a great way to get out of jury duty is to pretend you’re Princess Leia and that shorteralls can make a perfectly acceptable fashion choice…or not.
Regardless, Liz Lemon has given me several invaluable pointers for the real world and below are just a few of my favorites.
1. Life is full of adventure.
2. But somedays are better than others.
3. So, you should always celebrate your small victories.
4. And never let a good thing go to waste.
5. You can do anything you put your mind to.
6. If you follow your instincts…
7. And consult the ones you care about when making a difficult life decision.
8. Work life can become overwhelming at times.
9. So, it’s healthy to cut loose now and then.
10. And embrace your inner diva.
11. It’s okay to make mistakes.
12. But don’t forget to give yourself some credit, you’re human after all.
12. When it comes to relationships, never settle for less than what you deserve.
13. Because when you meet the right person, you’ll know.
14. At end of the day, you can always count on yourself.
15. So, always know how valuable you are.
16. Remember to master the art of the perfect eye roll, you never know when it could come in handy.
17. Recognize your priorities in life.
18. Don’t be afraid to fight for what you want.
19. Also, know your limits because you can’t possibly do everything.