If you’ve worked as a teacher for multiple years, giving tests and grading papers can become horribly tedious — which is why, occasionally, you have to switch things up.
One anonymous statistics professor became an internet celebrity last year when photos began to circulate of his/her unorthodox and entertaining extra credit questions on tests. With questions that ran the gamut from Full House to The Beatles, the internet was utterly charmed by this teacher’s admirable efforts to make things fun and challenging for their students.
Now, the questions are going viral once more on Imgur, and it’s time for all of us to see how we stack up to these tricky extra credit questions (which involve zero statistics knowledge whatsoever, so don’t worry).
See if you can answer this teacher’s riddles without peeking ahead at the answers.
(Also, be sure to take a moment to admire the sheer humiliation that students must have experienced after attempting the sixth question.)
1. “Who played Doc Holliday in the movie Tombstone?” and “How many seasons was ‘Full House’ on the air?”
2. “Complete the next verse: ‘I been in the game for ten years makin’ rap tunes … ‘”
3. “What color pants does Jake from State Farm wear?”
4. “Including The Revenant, how many times has Leo DiCaprio been nominated for an Academy Award?”
5. “Describe the dumbest conversation you overheard recently.” (This should be an easy one, y’all.)
6. “First person to read this, stand up proudly on your chair, and yell at the top of your lungs, ‘O Captain, My Captain!’ will receive a 95% on this exam.”
” … Just kidding. Name the drummer for The Beatles.”
While I definitely wouldn’t want to be the kid who fell for that last question, I have to say that my personal score on this extra credit test is significantly better than what my score for an actual statistics exam would have been.