Every pale girl knows how much of a struggle the summer months can be. You typically spend the majority of your time avoiding the sun’s harsh rays and—on the off chance you do attempt to tan—it results in painful sunburn that requires hourly aloe vera treatments.
Add that to the constant teasing from your friends about your practically translucent hue and your inability to exist in a flash photo and you’ve got yourself a pretty solid summer.
At the very least, you can take solace in the fact that you are not alone. These are just a few of the many struggles every eternally pale girl can relate to.
1. During the summer, you have two colors: white and red AF.
2. Unless you attempt one of those self-tanners, which will inevitably result in an attractive bright orange.
3. You spend the majority of your time reapplying layer upon layer of sunscreen all over your body.
4. Regardless, you will burn and Aloe vera is your only hope for survival.
5. Finding a foundation that actually matches your skin tone is a lost cause.
6. Your version of “tan” is everyone else’s pale.
7. And you’ll always be the whitest one at the end of summer.
8. Other people don’t really understand the struggle.
9. Light literally reflects off of your body and blinds everyone:
10. Wearing black makes you look like you’re in mourning or Wednesday Addams.
11. People are constantly asking you if you’re sick.
12. Or calling you a porcelain doll.
13. Flash photography is never an option.
14. Clothing that’s labeled “flesh toned” is a joke.