This is writer, comedian, and musician Lane Moore
When she’s not busy writing thought-provoking pieces for a slew of publications, making us laugh on Twitter, jamming with her band, or selling out her hilarious show Tinder Live!, Lane fills her free time (wait she has free time!?) by cataloging bios from the early 2000s MTV dating show Next.
Her Instagram account ‘Hotties Of MTV’s Next‘ is a cringe-inducing trip through the wild world of early 2000s reality television dating
These bios will make you laugh, wince, and scratch your head wondering what TF people were thinking back then.
1. A true gay rights hero
3. What a roller coaster
4. Anyone need a nanny who doesn’t know where to poop?
5. Ah, the one that got away…
7. Mike seems almost normal compared to some of these people
8. Seems like there was a toilet shortage back in the early 2000s
9. Starts off normal and goes way down hill
10. No margaritas for Hollie
11. Janet is truly inspirational
12. Roozbeh’s patience for capri pants ends well before the knee
13. Maybe leave that last one off your resume
14. I think a real genius might have chosen a different third bullet point
15. Justin… stop huffing car exhaust…
16. Fair enough, some of the muppets are unsettling
17. Tommy’s got a passion for women’s underwear
18. Wonder how that wrapper collection is holding up
19. R.I.P. Heath Ledger
20. They all start out so promising
21. At least he washes his hands?
22. Teens were so emo in the 2000s
23. AKA husband material!