There are a number of reasons why switching to the no-carve pumpkin route is a smart way to go.
First, the internal gooey parts of a pumpkin isn’t for everyone and we can’t argue with that. For timing, people can start crafting earlier without worrying about the pumpkin dying before Halloween. Anyone who’d rather paint can turn squash into a canvas instead and it can be so much easier to complete one’s work of art (depending on the project). And lastly, taking a knife out of the situation is logically safer.
So with that, here’s some creative ways to step your pumpkin game up a notch.
1. Use a quote that captures Halloween
Paint a pumpkin with your favorite color and stencil away with whatever Halloween quote that strikes your fancy.
2. Because the cartoon fantasy film, Up, is always a winning idea
Turn your pumpkin into a classic Disney scene for all ages to appreciate.
3. Choose the simple route that’ll please any crowd.
All you need is sharpie and a little bit of orange foam paper to complete this masterpiece.
4. This project is easier than you think
Grab some chalk paint, yarn and thumbtacks for a spooktacular look.
5. Glitterize your pumpkin
If bedazzling is your thing, this is a wonderful DIY project for you.
6. Add foliage for the perfect Autumn look
For a naturally brilliant look, use Mod Podge to decoupage white gourds.
7. Try this Winnie the Pooh project
Grab some crafts, the bottom of a plunger and a Disney plush to accomplish this epic look.
8. Nerd out with your favorite specs
Use whatever glasses you like to mirror this simple craft.
9. Because this Frozen snowman is a crowd favorite
10. “My little owl pumpkin was a hoot to make.”
Orange paper for the nose, black seashells for the eyes, sunflower seeds for almost everything else.
11. Troll your neighbors
A colorful troll wig goes a long way with this pumpkin project.
12. For anyone who dislikes paint
Try fun chalk to complete your go-to look instead.
13. A few simple props go a long way
Make an entire pumpkin family with hats, yarn, marker and a pacifier.
14. Or try this simply easy mummified look
Because elastic bandage wrap doesn’t always have to be used for the injured.